Costa Adeje is a tourist area in the south of Tenerife that has kept its naturalness (and we hope it will stay that way for many years to come).
Do you want to go on a whale watching excursion from Costa Adeje? Go for a 100% legal company to maintain the habitat of dolphins and whales:
Real prices, without commissions of intermediaries.
Whale and dolphin watching excursions from Costa Adeje
Ecological whale watching tour of 2 hours duration.
- Adults: 45€
- Children: 22,5€
- Babies: free
Discounts are offered to residents.
Dolphin and whale watching tour of 3 hours, with the possibility of a snorkelling stop.
- Adults: 70€
- Children (0 to 12 years): 35€
Two whale watching excursions to choose from: by shared boat or by private boat, both lasting 2 hours.
- Shared boat:
- Adults: 50€
- Children: 25€
- Babies: free
- Private boat: 300€ (single price)
100% legal companies with all necessary permits
Recommendations for a perfect excursion
Before your whale watching excursion from Costa Adeje, bear in mind these tips:
What do I need to bring?
- Sunscreen is recommended to protect you from the sun. Sunglasses are also a good idea.
- For better sightings, binoculars are your best ally.
- If you get dizzy easily, you can buy an anti-motion sickness pill at the pharmacy.
- The temperature drops on the route, so it’s a good idea to take some warm clothing with you.
Do I choose a specific date?
- Excursions to see cetaceans have a sighting rate of close to 100%, as there are resident species in Tenerife all year round, such as the short-finned pilot whale and the bottlenose dolphin.
- Other cetacean species are more abundant in May and June.
What if I carry a camera?
- Remember that snapshots can be blurred between the movement of the boat and the animals.
- Be aware of that small delay between the shutter release and taking the picture.
- Avoid over-zooming.
Do I need permits?
- This whale watching company in Costa Adeje has been awarded the “Blue Boat” flag, which is a mark of professionalism. Therefore, no permission is required from the client.
Why is Costa Adeje in Tenerife one of the best areas to see cetaceans?
Costa Adeje in Tenerife is considered one of the best areas to see cetaceans for several reasons:
- Geographic location: Costa Adeje is strategically located on the southwest coast of Tenerife, which makes it a privileged position for whale watching. The waters near this area are known for being rich in marine biodiversity and home to a great variety of cetacean species.
- Migratory route: The waters off Costa Adeje are part of the migratory routes of many cetaceans, such as pilot whales and dolphins. These species move along the coast, and Costa Adeje is on their path, which increases the chances of spotting them during their migration.
- Organized whale watching activities: In Costa Adeje, there are numerous companies and tour operators specialized in whale watching. These companies offer boat excursions with expert guides who know the areas where these animals are most likely to be found. In addition, they focus on promoting respectful practices with cetaceans and their environment.
- Diversity of species: In the waters of Costa Adeje it is possible to see a great diversity of cetacean species, including dolphins, pilot whales, pilot whales, orcas and sperm whales, among others. This gives visitors the opportunity to witness different behaviors and characteristics of these fascinating sea creatures.
- Climate and sea conditions: Costa Adeje is characterized by favorable weather conditions and relatively calm waters, which facilitates navigation and the observation of cetaceans. The clear waters and adequate visibility allow to appreciate in greater detail the movements and behaviors of these animals.
In summary, Costa Adeje in Tenerife is one of the best areas to see cetaceans due to its geographical location, the presence of migratory routes, the availability of organized whale watching activities, the diversity of species and the favorable weather conditions. It is an ideal destination for those who wish to enjoy the magic of marine life and have unforgettable encounters with cetaceans in their natural environment.
What species of cetaceans can be seen in Costa Adeje?
In Costa Adeje you can see two species of cetaceans almost all year round: the bottlenose dolphin and the short-finned pilot whale.
Bottlenose dolphin or Tursiops truncatus
The bottlenose dolphin is a species of dolphin found in oceanic and coastal waters around the world. It is characterized by its graceful body and its dark gray coloration on top and white underneath. They are known to be social and highly intelligent animals. Bottlenose dolphins are very playful and acrobatic, and can often be seen jumping and swimming alongside boats. They feed mainly on fish and squid, and their presence is a delight for marine life lovers.
Pilot whale or Globicephala Macrorhynchus
The short-finned pilot whale is a medium-sized cetacean found in tropical and subtropical waters around the world. It is characterized by its robust body and prominent head. Its coloration varies from dark gray to black. Pilot whales live in social groups called “pods” and have a complex social structure. They are agile and fast swimmers, and can be observed performing jumps and acrobatics in the water. They feed mainly on squid and fish. The presence of pilot whales in the waters is an impressive sight for marine life enthusiasts.
There are also other species of cetaceans that appear sporadically in the Canary coasts.
Frequently asked questions
The boat departs from Costa Adeje, but this does not mean that the sighting takes place in Costa Adeje, but in different areas nearby.
All cetaceostenerife.com companies comply with all the regulations for dolphin and whale watching. They have the “Blue Ship” flag and the “Charter for Sustainability in Whale and Dolphin Watching”.
The prices on our website are the cheapest on the Internet, as they are the original prices without intermediaries.
Yes, the whale watching companies in Costa Adeje allow children and babies on their excursions.
Yes, each company has its own cancellation policy, but all of them allow it.