Discover the 2-hour ecological tour departing from Costa Adeje (Puerto Colón) with the company Bonadea (100% legal and committed). A route in the Special Area of Conservation (ZEC) Teno-Rasca marine strip integrated in the Natura 2000 Network.
Incredible landscapes, Canarian marine fauna and an unforgettable experience on the south coast of Tenerife.
Ecological whale watching tour (2 hours)
- Departure point: pontoon 4 (Puerto Colón)
- Sailing route: Teno-Rasca special conservation area
- Distance from the coast: 3 miles
- Depth: 1,000 metres
- Cetacean species: short-finned pilot whale and bottlenose dolphin (there is also the possibility of seeing migratory cetaceans).
Tour information with Bonadea
The route starts by boat from Puerto Colón to sail in the area between the Rasca lighthouse and Mar Azul, at a distance of 3 miles from the coast and reaching a depth of 1,000 metres.
Shortly after the start of the trip and close to the coast, dolphins, whales, turtles and seabirds (and hopefully some migratory cetaceans) can already be found.
In order not to disturb the animals, the boat will be kept at a safe distance but at a distance that allows perfect observation, so you will be able to photograph and record the experience without any problem.
At this time, the crew is available at all times to explain information and curiosities about cetaceans such as the short-finned pilot whales or bottlenose dolphins, which are the most common.
After the time of sighting, the boat will return to port, making a route where you can contemplate the spectacular landscapes of the island from the sea.
|Child (1 – 11 years old)||22,5€|
|Canary resident adult||41€|
|Canary Islands resident child (from 1 to 11 years old)||20,5€|
|Baby (0 to 1 year)||Free|
What is included in the price?
- Ecological tour with a guide specialised in cetaceans for the duration specified in the basic description of each excursion.
- Drinks on board, the amount will depend on the type of excursion contracted.
- Civil liability insurance and port taxes.
The price does not include transport from the hotel.
Book on our calendar and get the cheapest price, with no middleman commissions like on other platforms such as Civitatis and Getyourguide.
A sustainable boat to see dolphins and whales in their habitat
The DIOMEDEA is a highly mobile Zodiac, ideal for whale and bird watching, conserving the marine environment and collaborating with research projects and the fight against plastic waste.
Safe, with a length of 7 metres and a beam of 2.50 metres, comfortable seating for 6 occupants and a sundeck at the bow.
- Engine: Suzuki 200 (sustainable, silent and low consumption).
- Overhauls are carried out in the official workshop, guaranteeing the recycling of oils and other parts.
Bonadea II: a legal and committed company
Bonadea II is a company with decades of experience that has all the legal permits to carry out whale watching activities in Tenerife.
Not only do they comply with all safety protocols, but they also conserve the ecology and protect the natural habitat of marine fauna.
It has the “Barco Azul” flag, a seal of the Canary Islands Ministry of Tourism and the Spanish Ministry of the Environment that authorises whale watching activities. In addition, the company is attached to the Charter for the Sustainability of Whale Watching.
Bonadea II – Diomedea carries out its tourist activity in the Teno-Rasca marine strip, a Special Area of Conservation (SAC) integrated in the Natura 2000 Network.
As a complementary activity, it collaborates with the Tenerife Island Council’s La Taonilla Wildlife Recovery Centre, the University of La Laguna (ULL) and different associations such as Tonina and Calderones de Canarias.
- Activity: Whale watching in the wild in Tenerife South
- Tourist Intermediary I-0003351.2
- Pantanal 4, Puerto Colón, Costa Adeje, 38660. Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +34 618 132 729
Whale watching with children
- Children under 12 months can take the tour free of charge, as they are not considered passengers. But it is necessary to reserve their place at the time of booking.
- Children under 11 years old are entitled to the child price (cheaper). The following documents will be required
- documentation proving the age of the child will be required.
Descuento para residentes
- In order to apply the Canary Islands resident discount for whale watching with Bonadea, it will be necessary to present the documentation that accredits this.
- If this documentation is not shown, the discount will be cancelled. In this case, the difference will have to be paid when collecting the boarding passes.
Information on cancellations
The client will always be protected against cancellations due to technical or meteorological incidents. In these cases the excursion will not be charged and an alternative will be offered on dates compatible with the availability of places. If the change is not accepted, the full amount of the booking will be refunded without prejudice to the customer.
Cancellations by the client:
- If the client cancels the booking at least one week in advance, 100% of the money paid will be refunded.
- If the client communicates the cancellation between one week and 48 hours before the activity, 50% of the money paid will be refunded.
- In case of cancellation less than 48 hours before the excursion, no refunds will be made.
Depending on the method of payment, refunds can take effect between 1 and 10 calendar days from confirmation of cancellation or order.