Picarus Sailing Club is a whale watching company in Los Gigantes that complies with all legal permits.
Up to three excursions of different lengths are available, shared and private, with the same objective: to see the dolphins and whales up close.
Book at the original price below (no broker commissions):
Picarus Sailing Club – Whale and dolphin watching boat excursions
Choose the ideal tour for you and yours below:
Shared 3-hour excursion
We will start sailing towards La Gomera looking for cetaceans and other fauna of the area such as turtles and birds.
On the route you will enjoy the views of the cliffs of Los Gigantes from the boat, the Punta de Teno and even the Teide in the background.
Finally, you will be able to swim and snorkel when the boat anchors under the cliffs.
Children under 3 years old are not allowed on this tour.
4-hour shared excursion
As this is a 4-hour excursion, the chances of seeing dolphins and whales are multiplied, in addition to enjoying the sighting for a longer period of time.
The activity always takes place during the morning.
The maximum group size is 7 adults. Children under 11 years old are not allowed on this tour.
4-hour private tour
4-hour private boat excursion to Los Gigantes for whale watching.
Morning excursion for dolphin and pilot whale sightings, with an extra hour to increase the chances of sightings and more time to enjoy.
We will stop at a cove for snorkeling and refreshments. Customized options available.
What are the Picarus Sailing Club excursions like?
The boat sets sail from the port of Los Gigantes in the direction of the cliffs. We will anchor in the bay of Masca, between the cliffs, where you can enjoy a swim and snorkel to see the seabed and marine fauna of the area.
You don’t need to bring your snorkelling equipment, we’ll leave it for free!
In addition, we have a menu on board with fresh and quality products, as well as drinks (water, soft drinks, beer and white wine).
Information about Picarus Sailing Club Tenerife
Picarus Sailing Club defines itself as a company dedicated to ecotourism, focused on environmental sustainability and respect for animals.
To respect the welfare of the cetaceans and not to overcrowd them, Picarus Sailing Club boats only do one tour per day, reducing the stress on the dolphins and whales.
The company has the Barco Azul badge, as well as ISO 9001-IQNET certifications (certified by AENOR) and is a member of the sustainability charter of Turismo de Tenerife.
Félix: Captain and Guide
Patrón de Altura de La Marina Mercante, Cetacean Guide for the Government of the Canary Islands, from Madrid with extensive experience in oceanographic research and maritime conservation.
He worked for 7 years in the Dominican Republic as a marine guide. He then returned to Spain and continued for several years in Alicante and the Balearic Islands until he ended up in the Canary Islands, where he worked on the islands, the marine reserve of La Palma and several years of campaigns on an oceanographic ship in Africa and the Canary Islands.
When he discovered the Teno-Rasca Sea Strip, he set up the Picarus Sailing Club with his partner.
Katahisa: Captain and Guide
Graduate in Nautical Studies, Merchant Navy Pilot, Merchant Navy Skipper and Cetacean Guide by the Canary Islands Government.
Born in Tenerife, she is passionate about the sea and grew up by the ocean, getting to know every corner of the island.
He fulfilled his dream of showing visitors the wonders of the ZEC area in Tenerife with the Picarus Sailing Club project.
Katahisa continues to train to make the whale watching experience in Los Gigantes even more unique for customers.
Two Bavaria 46 Cruisers that meet all the safety requirements demanded by the Spanish Merchant Navy, equipped with:
- Solarium area
- Shaded area
- Two bathrooms
- Life Jackets
- Satellite Phone
- Radio beacon
Reservation and cancellation policy
- Reservations are valid only for the day and time indicated and any changes must be notified at least 24 hours in advance.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to weather conditions or any other reason that affects the safety of the passengers and we will offer the alternative of changing the date or refunding the amount.
- The minimum occupancy of the boat is 4 passengers, otherwise, the reservation can be cancelled and an alternative date or refund will be offered.
- We require punctuality and to be at the indicated place in advance to avoid delays and we will not give refunds for late arrivals.
- It is important to provide the prefix of the telephone number when making the reservation so that we can contact you in case we need to change dates or reach you on the day of the excursion if you arrive late.
- There are access restrictions for children under 3 years of age (except on the private tour), people weighing more than 130 kg, people with reduced mobility, recent operations or serious back or neck problems.
- If access restrictions are violated, Picarus Sailing Club reserves the right of admission and no refund will be given.